a banner year

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paul McCartney and Air Conditioning

Today was quite a day... I slept over at my parents', in the guest bedroom - I'm bed-hopping quite a bit, trying to find the one that smells the least like cat pee. Success! After a good night's sleep, I spent the morning with my mom and aunt as they prepared for their trip to Erie.

I was tasked with trying to buy Paul McCartney tickets (for my parents) during a second sale at 10am, but managed to screw it up buy trying to see if I could get better seats the second time around. Whereupon they sold out. I felt horrible! I started looking on Craigslist and managed to find tickets for the same price as on Ticketmaster (amazing!). I had to drive to the city to get money from my dad and then to Moon to pick up the tickets, but it was worth it to relieve my guilt. And they are better seats than what I lost online! Plus I got to meet the guy at the Ground Round :) Kids used to be able to pay what they weighed there.. it was fun times.

I cleaned out a corner of my parents' room. It was horrific and now looks amazing but I knew my dad would freak so I told him as I was in the midst of getting him tickets so he couldn't be too mad. But they should really appreciate me and my organizational skills more damnit.

Also - my car a/c was fixed today! $700 freaking dollars but it's practically priceless. Just regret that I didn't get it done by the Polish guy in NYC... I think the life lesson I'm taking from that one is talk to your neighbors, even if they don't seem friendly! Costly lesson.

So then I drove back to the North Side a way I had never gone before - through Avalon, which sounds like Avonlea a bit and looked like it had loads of neat old houses... came home and then Meredith came over and we had wine and caught up - it was very nice. After she left I cooked tofu for the first time - tofu curry w/ peas. Delish! Plus cherries for dessert, so am feeling healthy for the first time in days.

My back is still hurting but I really want to practice golf and go swimming. Maybe tomorrow - hopefully this bed isn't causing me problems. Might need to get another egg crate or a pillow top. Woohoo crazy times :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home