a banner year

Monday, February 07, 2005

worn out

bed

even that bed looks good right now.


i love this man's photography. photo blogs both impress and depress me... recognizing your lack of talent is no fun. being an art history major was a big part of that. to study those who create instead of BEING one of them feels pretty deadening. i think being an artist takes such balls and egotism and i respect them and hate their guts all at the same time.


my parents and brother came to town this weekend. even though z. has professed a profound distaste for art, he was okay with going to the MOMA. what a sweetheart. with my govt perks i was able to get us all in for free, a giant savings of $72, which seems completely insane to me. We were there for a little under 1 and 1/2 hours, but that gave me almost enough time to see the two floors i had missed completely the last time. Painting & Sculpture 1 and Painting & Sculpture 2.
saw my favorite kirchner
kirchner - bed which looks about a thousand times better in real life - really vibrant and thick, gloppy paint. i like the matisse in the stairwell - a nice break from the constant crowds, and 'starry night' should be better positioned, but the monet is pretty much perfect from any view (and i dinna like impressionist).
bed (thanks bluejake)

i was looking very museum chic in a full white silk skirt with black flowers, a black top, and my strappy black heels (thank god the most comfortable heels ever). a nice change from the constant jeans, although it did prevent me from checking out my ass constantly <- probably a good thing, according to family and friend. hey, squats pay off, and since i'm paying through the nose to be forced to do them, i'm going to appreciate the benefets reaped to the fullest (and make everyone around me appreciate them too). in retrospect though, my brother was probably NOT checking out my ass, as i queried multiple times.

2 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://sfetwdzb.com/yvdv/ghth.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nceiofhh.com/wuyq/mekx.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://sfetwdzb.com/yvdv/ghth.html | http://qswhqcpo.com/hpwi/vfat.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home